Sunday, November 7, 2010

relief for at least 3 months...

Most people probably saw that I posted immediately on Facebook that the results of my scan were good. Since then it's been a whirlwind of activity. As I had mentioned my mom is visiting. We took the whole family out to dinner on Friday night. Saturday we had a celebratory brunch at a friend's house. Saturday night I babysat for for another friend. To top it off my mom brought the the family a Christmas present - a super fancy keyboard - and we've been setting that up and playing with it. I am enjoying a morning that really does feel like Christmas. A hot cup of coffee, I got to sleep in, and the kids are busily playing with a present without fighting.

So trying to remember back to Friday afternoon. My doctor said my CAT scan was "perfect". There was no sign of anything troubling. He also used the "R" word - remission! With that good news comes other news, which I had anticipated; I don't have to go back for another 3 months. He actually offered that I could come back sooner since some people have a hard time going from the intensity of treatment to no doctor's visits. I know exactly what he meant since right at the end of radiation I felt somewhat like I had been dumped, but now that I haven't seen a doctor in a few weeks I'm not feeling the need to go back any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeeeeehaaaaawwwww!!!!! You Go Woman!!

    What fabulously amazing news!!!

    :) Astrid

    ReplyDelete