Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm done? How did that happen?

I woke up Tuesday morning October 5th and no longer had Chemo to look forward to. I didn't have to go to radiation. I just had to face an 8 am conference call. Piece of cake to go back to work, right? It would seem so, but I will steal a quote from a friend of mine who said she was "up to her eyeballs in alligators". I like to pretend that busy hands are happy hands, but sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. I'm not all made up of clichés however, and I am looking forward to settling into a "new normal". As I've said before it's going to still be a long haul before we know for sure if all the treatments worked, but I am glad to be on the other side of them.




One of my sisters came to visit and made it just in time to accompany me to my final radiation treatment. As you can see my hair is starting to grow back, for which I am very grateful.



waiting for my last radiation treatment (hopefully ever)



My fancy shmancy IMRT

Laser guided precision






219 zaps later and I was free to head home - hopefully to never see that machine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment